How To Stay Safe and Happy this Thanksgiving!
The Thanksgiving Holiday is filled with family, friends, shopping, eating and drinking. All these can be great but can also lead to increased chance of accident and injuries. During this season of thanks, we offer a few tips to keep you safe.
All of us at Roger L Daniel Insurance Agency, Inc.-406-252-3411 wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving Party Tips
- Limit the use of alcohol.
- Stand more than an arm’s length away from munchies, like a bowl of nuts or chips, while you chat so you’re not tempted to raise your hand to your mouth every few seconds.
- Don’t try to lose pounds during the holidays, instead try to maintain your current weight.
- Avoid fast-food places that emphasize red in their color schemes. Red stimulates your appetite.
Shopping Safety Tips
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Put your shopping bags in your trunk.
- NEVER leave car doors unlocked or windows open.
- ALWAYS park in lighted areas. Do NOT park in remote areas.
- Keep receipts in your wallet or purse.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- If you make expensive purchases like jewellery or guns, call our office as we may need to add these to your policy.
- Never drink and drive.
- Plan your route in advance and check traffic reports and weather conditions before you leave.
- Be prepared for emergencies – keep a blanket, boots, an extra pair of gloves and a flashlight in the trunk of your car.
- Long trips are tiring and fatigue can be deadly when you’re driving. Driver fatigue was a factor in 65 road deaths and nearly 1200 injuries last year. Plan to get enough rest beforehand so that you drive fresh.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road